Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lot 130

I emailed Nadia about coming in to put a deposit down on Lot 45 - the corner lot - later that day as I already had plans to walk through the model with my mom that afternoon.  She got back to me later telling me that someone had put a deposit down the night prior :( I still walked my mom through the house and she loved it, but felt a little discouraged.  We really liked the idea of having a little more space.  I looked again at the lots available, and the one I liked the most (which was the one I originally liked), was lot 130.  It backs up to the woods so the backyard has a lot more privacy than the other lots. The drawback for this lot (and what drew us to the corner), was that it's a premium lot with a $7,500 price tag.  Mike and I talked about it and emailed Nadia to ask what she could do about the price for us.  She came back saying that the project manager would give it to us for $5,000.  We countered back asking that they meet us in the middle at $3,750 which they did :) I sent her a picture of our deposit check which held the lot for 7 days. I can't get the picture of the site plan to work, but here is a link: Lot 130.  There is a house on the other side of us, this only shows a small portion of the community.

The following night we took the kids to walk around the lot.  We ended up meeting a nice younger couple out walking with their kids and their dog.  Declan made friends with the little boy as they threw rocks into some water, Madi layed the ground work for some babysitting, and Mike and I asked them lots of questions :) They were great, and meeting them and seeing how friendly everyone was made us so much more excited to live in that neighborhood.  There are tons of young families so we know it will be wonderful for the kids.

On Mother's Day we had our appointment with Nadia to make everything official and sign our contract, and of course put down more money (woops - I forgot the checkbook).  We went through all of our additional options and found what we think we're happy with :) Once we get through our next couple of appointments I will list all of them - but the main ones are: morning room, fireplace in family room, upgraded owner's bathroom, upgraded kitchen cabinets, and granite counters. Here is a floor plan (ours has the loft):


We left our appointment super excited with our sold sticker and a whole binder full of information.  A few days later we drove over to the lot and let the kids put the sign on.
This is going to be such a fun process!!

Right now we're haggling with the mortgage companies - we're trying to get Ryan's company - NVR Mortgage - to match the quote that Cole Taylor gave us so that we can get this month's promotion - a $5,000 incentive credit.  We'll see how they do! Our flooring appointment is June 1st and electrical appointment is the week after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment